#3   ^
Old Fri, Feb-14-03, 16:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/195/190
BF:??%/15.9%/<10%
Progress: 89%
Default thanks for the positive words

Thanks Donald.

I was unsure what sort of reception this would get. As I said before it was not my aim to be exclusive but just to have a place to "hang out with the guys". If we can generate some interest and meet new people thats what its all about.

So If you are lurking out there introduce yourself.

For those of you interested I'll introduce myself. I'm Shane aka MaineDaddy and you guessed it I live here on the coast of Maine. Right now I wish I lived anywhere but here as the temps are at all time lows. I got up this morning and it was -15 farenheit and the wind was howling. There are wind chill warnings for -40 and I spent part of the day thawing out some frozen water pipes.
Anyhow enough about the weather. I am a part time stay at home dad (SAHD) and I have two beautiful daughters. Two and four years old. When I am not at home with them I am a Painting contractor. I keep very busy in the warm months and run a full crew while still staying with my girls most of the week. Thankfully my wife has the real job with benifits so everything works out well.

I have been LC for five weeks now and I feel great. I've done all my losing so far in my first two weeks. I am focusing on regular exercise including weight training(a first for me) and waiting for the stall to end. I figure if I keep a positive attitude while waiting for things to pick up again I'll make it to the next loss much easier.

Hobbies-
I like to work in the yard/garden as well as go fishing when I can. I like hiking, running, and biking unfortunatly I have not done these things much in the last ten years!!LOL!! I also have a soft spot for Brittish cars. I currently have a 1968 MGB convertable in the garrage...another reason I wish the weather would warm up LOL.

Well that is a little about myself so again if you are lurking come on in and introduce yourself. You are welcome.

Thanks
Shane