View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Oct-29-10, 21:01
Every day is day one

Plan: AtkinsMaintenance/IF
Stats: 185/145/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 133%

Dr. Atkins did indeed say that if you have a lot to lose, induction for up to 6 months is acceptable.....

But....Dr. Atkins also said that if you are becoming bored with your food choices, then moving onto OWL may be a good idea.

The key to moving out of induction into OWL is the carbohydrate ladder to determine your CCL and CCM.

You may want to take a gander at this thread:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=409812

This thread talks about how to do OWL correctly and how to determine your CCL and CCM.

Quote:
I'm worried that if I moved to the OWL phase and start eating beans
and other legumes and fruits that it my knock me off ketosis. I'm going to
stay in this phase for 1 more week (the reasoning is, if it works,,, don't
mess with it) but, if I don't see any more significant fat loss this week, I will
move on and just up my weight lifting and cardio.

Hocus, you also may want to take a gander at the OWL sticky.

I'm confused...are you still in inducrtion, or have you moved onto OWL? Because it sounds like if you've added more veg and nuts, plus you're up to 50 grams/day...sounds like OWL to me.

You don't start out OWL by adding beans and legumes--these are rung 6 on the carbohydrate ladder--you have 5 prior rungs to get thru before you even arrive at 6
With only 12 pounds until you hit goal, I would highly advise you to start OWL NOW. How will you know what foods you can safely add back in and in what quantity if you don't climb the carb ladder. Dr. Atkins developed the carb ladder for a reason. He never intended individuals to stay on induction thru goal. The whole point of OWL/pre-maintenance is to determine YOUR carbohydrate limits.

Atkins is a 4 phase plan, not just induction.

Progress not perfection.

Lisa