View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Feb-14-03, 11:08

Plan: Suzanne Somers'
Stats: 142/118/115 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 89%
Question Hi, I have a question about snacks

I've just been reading here for a few days. Great information, great people! I'm on my fourth week of Somersizing and doing ok. Lost a bunch of weight my first couple of weeks and then plateaued, but I'm back to losing again as of yesterday. Yea!
I'm particularly pleased because I was sick yesterday and cheated with a bowl of Cream of Mushroom soup. Only 9 carbs per serving ... but the whole can is 2.5 servings. Yeah right! Plus it has wheat flour, which is a no no for SS. No weight gain this morning and I feel good again. Whew!

I have the worst time in the evenings when my husband gets home and we're watching a movie, reading or playing video games for an hour or so before bed. I want munchies of some sort and a toddy. The toddy I'm ok with but the snacks are harder to do without. I've got Suzanne's chocolate truffles, but I allow myself only one a day and they just don't last long, you know? Same for a slice of cheese or an apple and I really don't want a portion of a dessert so much as something I can munch while I watch a movie, especially if I go visit friends so I don't covet their popcorn and potato chips etc.

Lots of neighborhood get-togethers here too, so more need for something I can have to keep my mind off what THEY'RE having. I do veggies and dip ok, but what's crunchy that I can have? I used to be able to get some dehydrated veggies at the health food store, but I can't find them anymore. besides, no carrots and there were carrots in those.

We went to a movie last week and there was NOT ONE THING at the theater that I could have. And I chose the SS program because seemed to be the most well rounded and the easiest to stick LC plan IMOP. It was so frustrating I am inclined not to go to movies anymore just to avoid the temptation. I wonder what I might take with me that I could sneak in and munch?

Suggestions?
Sponsored Links