View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Feb-14-03, 10:24

Plan: Keto/Phinney18
Stats: 269/265/145 Female 5' 8"
BF:Way/TOO/Much
Progress: 3%

Hi Carole,
I was just wondering the same thing about the differences between Schwarzbein and the Zone .I love to read and have both books. and the New Schwarzbein book on order.

I did atkins for 5 weeks but found I need more fruit and veggies and I can really be happy with 3-4 ozs of protein at a meal. I felt like the only thing I noticed about the zone is that there is no way I am gonna keep that fat that low.........tsp of olive oil if I remember right. But I just spent a few minutes at the Zone site reading about that and I guess it is because it takes more effort for our bodies to metabolize the extra fat so it contributes to stress on the cells . It doesn't raise insulin levels which of course is my biggest problem.

The only thing I miss is wraps and so I am going to look for some healthier versions at the health food store and just make sure to add a bit more veggies and maybe a bit more protein......Does that sound right to you?

I think I am kinda on the fence right now trying to decide between schwarzbein and the Zone and they seem so similar.
I am getting a headache just reading all the different opinions but I really want to get feeling well again.

I can't tell by eating what is going to do that becasue I get "sick" no matter which way I eat. This morning I had 3 eggs scrambled in a tad of butter and 1/2 apple and I still felt icky. Course I am sick today so I am not sure that is a good test

Well just woke up from a nap and gotta get a bite to eat. The nice thing that is happening since I have been forcing myself to eat is that I am regaining a daytime appetite. I haven't had one for years.

Debbie