View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Feb-14-03, 09:47
Registered Member

Plan: Zone/Atkins
Stats: 138/130/125
BF:?/20%/?
Progress: 62%

Thanks for the pointers!! My husband and I started doing the Atkins program in early January. He's lost about 14#. I've lost 7# (it was 8# but I gained one ). Of course, I realize that he's going to lose weight more quickly than me. He'd like to lose another 15. I'd like to lose 6 more. It's getting harder for me -- I lost all the weight in the first week and now I just go up 1/2# and down 1/2# constantly, week to week. I'm frustrated. I'm wondering about the meat intake and how much is too much? I usually give us either a large chicken breast in a salad or 1/4 chicken along with some kind of veggie & salad for lunch. Then I usually give us a large portion of either beef or pork (about 8 oz. each) for dinner along with a veggie & salad. I use the Atkins cookbook alot and make things like spinach pancakes, zucchini pancakes, daikon radish fries, mashed cauliflower. I make homemade quiche and crepes for breakfast. I bought the Atkins bagels and give my husband lox once a week. We're so sick of eggs! I buy the organic, nitrate free bacon. Is that OK to eat often? What am I doing wrong for myself? I have an Atkins shake every day and a spoonful of Peanut Butter (2.66 net carbs/2T serving) but otherwise I don't snack. I stopped giving us the cakerolls and pudding mixes because I thought maybe those were the culprits. I drink at least 64 oz. of water/day along with a couple of mugs of hot tea. (I also drink organic decaf coffee every morning -- 2 mugs with 2T cream) I'm really getting frustrated. These last 6# will drive me nuts. Do you have any pointers for me??