View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Feb-14-03, 09:14

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Cool Great thread

I'm really glad this got bumped up too, as I hadn't seen it before and the stories in it are great, very inspiring.

Mine is a travel one also. In 1997, when I weighed about the same as I do now.. I went on a trip to Australia to meet up with a big group of internet chat-room friends. I went alone and it was my first plane trip I was scared but also very thrilled to go. I had to ask for seatbelt extensions on the many planes, but after the first couple of times, it didn't bother me.

While I was down there we went on a houseboat cruise on the Gold Coast for a few days and I did the bravest thing I have EVER done.. I went parasailing. What a feeling soaring up a million miles in the sky, pulled behind a speeding boat. It was an amazing feeling. I was reluctant to do it, but was assured by the men running it that it would be ok and it was. It was the most exciting thing I have ever done.

Hey, just remembered I also rode a camel down there.. but that wasn't quite as thrilling LOL

I hope more people will post here, this really gives us all something to think about. Our lives are right now.. that is all we have for sure. Time for me to be looking for a new exciting thing.