#3   ^
Old Fri, Feb-14-03, 07:51
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Ilona:

It's hard to really help without knowing what you are eating. Maybe providing a typical day's foods would be helpful.

My first suggestion would be to log everything onto fitday.com. You'd be amazed at how much information that tells you.

My first lesson when I started journalling my food was that I realized I just wasn't eating enough fat. It was making me constantly hungry. I aim for about 100 g of fat a day. 70-75% of my food from fat seems to be most optimal. Everyone is different, but at least if you use fitday.com, you'll have a starting point to learn what is best for you.

As for the ketostix - if you are drinking tons of water, (how much is tons?), I found the best time of day to test the strips was first thing in the morning when I'm less hydrated. The strips gave me false readings during any other time because my urine was so diluted. Having said that, as long as they turn color, you are using fat for fuel. It doesn't matter what the color is.

Oops.... Mary and I posted at the same time. Here's a link to Atkin's site about Ketosis. http://atkinscenter.com/helpatkins/...ysis/index.html

Wanda