View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Feb-13-03, 22:02

Plan: I'm exploring
Stats: 281/256/146 Female 5'4"
BF:43%
Progress: 19%
Default Self Esteem

Dear Help Tonya, I'm hurting with you and for you. It is such a difficult thing to deal with - a broken heart. As my friend used to say, "The best revenge is to live well". And living well means taking care of our physical as well as our mental health. I had to learn over and over again. I'm in my 60's and for the first time in my life since I was 18, I choose not to have a "boyfriend". I have been alone for 5 years and have been trying to learn self esteem so that I will attract the type of people who will love me for myself, not my looks or anything else.

I know it will be difficult for you at your young age to even think of doing without a boyfriend on purpose. We seem to need that for validation when we are young. But, working on the real bottom line at this time can give you a giant step ahead for your future. I have finally learned after all these years, I have to love me for me and not what anyone else thinks of me. It is a difficult thing to do sometimes. I hope it comes easily to you. Warmest, Madi