#1   ^
Old Thu, Oct-07-10, 03:11
Registered Member

Plan: IPD/general low card
Stats: 202/196/140 Female 5' 3''
BF:
Progress: 10%
Unhappy de-railment

Morning all...having a bit of a rubbish start to the day having had a double de-railment yesterday. I had 2 drinks receptions (both for work so unavoidable) to go to yesterday. At the first one no food, so no problem with that but the drinks they had out were wine or orange juice...no water!!!!! (it was only a very small reception) So, I had a stupid moment and thought oh sod it I'll have a glass of wine then. Which I did. OK, so one glass not really a huge issue, but I know that it stalls me and I'm not at that rung of owl anyway! So on to reception number two....no food til 8.45 in the evening and only drinks before that. Having had the one glass of wine the next couple went down a lot easier! So instead of just saying OK, I had that one glass lets go back and have some water now instead, I just made things worse.

Finally when the food did come it was teeny tiny things on giant mounds of potato...so the sausage and mash (albeit a posh version) was 3 tiny slices of sausage on a sea of mash. The sea bass was a thumb sized piece of fish on, you guessed it, a pile of crushed potato. The vegetarian option was risotto so no joy there either. By that time I was so hungry I would have eaten anything they put in front of me so ended up eating some potato just to get through the evening!

I am really quite cross with myself. Firstly for having the wine which I know will stall me this week and secondly for not being prepared enough with my food. I dont know how I'd have snuck a salad into a drinks reception (I was getting home way too late to save myself and eat when home) but I could have done something to help keep the unger at bay better.

I feel like I've been stuck at this weight for ages now. It seems to be a real sticking point for me - and I do mean psychologically rather than physically. If I really stuck to the diet properly I would almost certainly still be losing every week but I keep derailing myself and yo-yoing the same 4 or 5 lb.

Anyway...sorry for the lengthy ramble, just needed to vent my frustration a bit. Onwards and upwards today and a big kick up the backside to get back on track and stay there!!!!
Sponsored Links