View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Sep-26-10, 16:54

Plan: Bernstein
Stats: 330/140/140 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 100%

The best way to keep from being bored with what you eat is to pre-plan. Make a list of the type of meals you enjoy...brainstorm. Then plan ahead for a week and have quickie foods in the fridge for when you find yourself at mealtime but too tired to cook.

Chicken salad made with real mayo is a staple in my fridge. Hard boiled eggs to eat alone or chopped in a salad is another. I love chef salads and chicken salad on chopped up lettuce or in a tomato cup so that's usually my lunch.

I try to be more varied for dinner. I find if I make it a point to have fish one night, beef another, chicken another, soup another...it helps. Also vary the vegies.

If I'm feeling particularly lazy, I do my 'Chinese Soup'. The broth is made ahead of time and frozen in single servings. I also stir fry some thinly sliced chicken, cool and then lay out on a cookie sheet and freeze. Then I scoop it into a freezer bag (freezing before bagging keeps it from sticking together in a lump). I always have snow peas in my fridge and you can do the same with any other low carb vegies you like in soup.

When I need it, I pop out one or two single servings and put it in a pan on the stove. Add a bit of frozen chopped spinach, a couple pea pods and some slices of frozen cooked chicken along with a dash or two of toasted sesame oil and simmer until pea pods are crisp tender. Yummy and satisfying. You can also add some thawed and rinsed cubes of fish, shrimp or scallops and let them cook in the heated broth until cooked through. Here's the broth recipe:

42 oz of Swansons chicken broth
22 oz of water
1" piece of gingerroot, peeled and sliced
2 Tbs soy sauce

Take each slice of gingerroot and mash it with the flat side of a meat mallet. Drop into the broth and water mixture along with the soy sauce, bring to a simmer and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove ginger root.