View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Feb-13-03, 14:39

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 169/154/150
BF:
Progress: 79%
Default Well, if we're into confessions here ...

... I cheated too. There is never a day in the office when there isn't food - mostly in the form of donuts or muffins. I always bring in a healthy snack to eat mid-morning so I wasn't hungry but when my "boss" (who is soooooo nice) came over and said "I saved the chocolate one for you" - I didn't hesitate one bit! So I cheated BIG TIME too - a chocolate covered donut - sugar and damaged fats!

I was speaking with my daughter who is an avid fan of "Dr. Phil's" and he said that our willpower is tied into our emotions and some days we don't have the emotional willpower to say "no" - think rationally and make good choices - it doesn't mean we're bad or weak, it means we're human.

I am a chocoaholic and for the most part with this WOE most of my sugar/chocolate cravings have subsided - but once in a while, I slip up. The eyes see it and the tummy wants it! All logic and reasoning seems to disappear. I try and make up for the slip-up the following day by eating a little bit less and making sure everything I consume is healthy and low-carb.

Life is too short not to have a treat once in a while and I no longer beat myself up for my "human-ness".