Old Tue, Sep-21-10, 11:22
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb eating
Stats: 220/194/130 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 29%

Quote:
Originally Posted by quabme3
Is it ok to have low carb protein shakes on Induction? I am making them with almond breeze 'milk', heavy cream, vanilla and sugar substitute and one scoop of whey powder. I figure it to be about 4 carbs in a drink. I really enjoy them and would drink them all day, nothing else, if I could. I still do not feel like I am loosing any weight and I have been on this for almost a month now. I will either have eggs for breakfast or maybe a shake or maybe some deli meat and cheeze curds. for lunch I may have a chicken breast, sometimes with or without romaine lettuce. Or maybe a hamburger patti on its own. I went to a movie the other day and instead of popcorn (oh wait, I did have one handful) I brought some skinless almonds with a really low carb count. For dinner I have had spaghetti squash with butter and parm or a shake etc. I like to keep sugar free Extra bubble gum around for any need to munch inbetween meals. What am I doing wrong? Why am I not seeing progress? I am getting ready to hop off this diet and back on WW. I used to do WW with my sister and with her learning that I am doing Atkins, she has dropped her points from 20 to 15 top prove that she can loose more weight that me on my diet. It is hard to see that she is loosing and i feel like I am staying the same, if not getting bigger! UGH!

I feel the same way you feel Right now I am eliminating shakes, diet coke and cheese..meat eggs and 3 cups of the proper veggies a day is what I'm doing.