View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Feb-13-03, 12:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/190.5/150 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 46%

Hi Lessara
I have wondered about the difference between the two as well.
I think it was 1998 when I first did Atkins, at that time I bought
Solgar chromium and I looked it up:

Quote:
Sugar, Salt and Starch Free. Solgar's Chromium Picolinate Capsules are free of corn, yeast, wheat, soy and dairy products and are formulated without the use of preservatives, artificial flavors and colors. Each 200 mcg of elemental chromium is from 1.6 mg (1,600 mcg) of Chromium Tripicolinate, as Nutrition 21's Chromax. Chromax is a certified biologically active form of Chromium Picolinate, a yeast free source of Chromium. Licensed under U.S. Patent No. Re. 33,988.

Well I ran out of the Chromium, fell off the carb wagon and have been struggling to get back ever since. Not that I can prove this supplement had anything to do with my success back then (I lost forty in 3months) I just have this feeling that it helped. I have tried other Chromium products, and was told they are all the same. However I find it interesting that Solgar points out that their product is certified biologically active. Rather like yogurt, it only has health benefits if the bacteria are active.
Well I can see I would need to do more research on Chromium but I am going to try and find this particular product locally or order it again. I do drink coffee and I know they say it can raise your insulin levels and then sugar levels, I think that is where chromium helps to level everything out.
Well have a great day everyone!