View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Feb-13-03, 09:56

Plan: zone
Stats: 153/144/125
BF:
Progress: 32%

Hey Tony,
Okay, I looked at your profile and it doesn't state that you have read any of the Zone books. That might be something that you would want to look into, or at the very least go to the official zone site and read up on the amount of blocks that you should have for your activity level. For men, you should be having at least 14 to start with, but if you are active it might be more.
Looking at your meals, I am not seeing that they are balanced. If you are having 6oz of protein, then that is approx. 6 blocks of protein. That means that each time you have that much, you need to have 6 blocks of carbohydrates as welll as 6 blocks of fat. And you SHOULD be snacking during that day. That is where the 1 block snacks come in. Instead of having the entire Zone bar have half of it, as that is 1 block. And make sure that you are having a snack that is 1 block again about an hour before you go to bed. You said that you are having a glass of wine every 2 days. That is fine. Do that and add an oz. of low fat cheese and that is a one block snack.
On top of all of this, make sure that you are having at least 8 8 oz. glasses of water a day in addition to whatever else you might be drinking. The more that you can drink, the better.
I hope that some of this helps and if I am incorrect in any of my information, by all means, someone please correct me.
Keep up the good work Tony, and in the end, it will all pay off! I too did the Atkins WOE and I feel much better on the Zone. Have a great day!