View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Sep-04-10, 05:46

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%

Welcome Sexym2, we are always happy to see new faces. CAD/CALP do give a lot more flexibility, and it is very nice to partake in some of the "social eating" situations without feeling quite so restricted. There is lots of good info on here, as you said, and the books will explain the "why it works" part.

My weight is 314 today, so I match my stat
I have a dilemma today. A couple of months ago, (before re-starting CAD), I made plans to take my mom and my ex-mother-in-law out for brunch today, for the latter's 80th birthday. We are going to a place called Cora's, which is famous for a wonderful breakfast and lunch menu, but everything is served with beautiful cut-up fresh fruit. I haven't been, but my kids tell me it is like artwork. Soo....reward meal for brunch? I really don't think that would be a good idea for me, as it would mean my next reward meal would be about 30 hours away. The other option is to order something CAD friendly and not worry about it. I am a bit embarrassed to ask them to hold the fruit...it is what they are famous for, and it's FRUIT. Healthy. But not for me. I actually toyed with the idea of eating the fruit and still having a reward meal later for dinner. But nope... that would be going off my program, and I know that isn't an option. Last time I went off, it took me 5 years to get back on. Ok. So, hold the fruit it is then. *sigh*.
Thanks for letting me think this out in here.