#5   ^
Old Tue, Aug-31-10, 07:15

Plan: Figuring it out
Stats: 366/282.2/166 Female 5'6"
BF:YEP/YEP/YEP
Progress: 42%

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC26
But noticing the change in my body is so empowering and motivating - thats whats keeping me going for it - because Im liking the results in the mirror and how I feel in my clothes.

I've decided to abandon the scale completely. Maby a weigh in when I feel Ive lost a lot. I'm not losing weight to gain power over a scale - Im doing it to feel and look good - which the scale doesnt show me. Bye scale. Don't wanna play your game anymore

AWESOME!! LOVE IT!! And you are so right--those changes in the mirror and your clothing and in how we FEEL are soooo empowering and definitely the ones we need to focus on!! Congrats!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cas327
The scale is driving me insane. I wish I had the willpower to do this. But it always there, right by the bathtub, calling to me every morning!

Sighs......... I'm only really taking the number on Sun's as my true weight. It is very hard to not get discouraged though with it constantly going up and down all week. On a good note, my fiance has lost 20 lbs. Lucky dog. He avoids the thing like the plague.

Maybe you both have the right idea.

Ditto that! I so WISH I had the willpower to do that.

The thing with me and the scale is that on one hand it really does keep me on track, focused, and my head out of the sand. When I'm backsliding or there's a little carb creep it's the reality check that I so desperately need.

On the other hand it can sometimes get discouraging when it's slow or stalls or even goes up for no apparent reason. And I can get a little obsessive with it at times. My DH give me a hard time all the time for it...only because he doesn't like to see me disappointed & doesn't see the point of weighing myself multiple times a day or week. He on the other hand weighs maybe once a week or maybe he'll go two weeks.. and has lost 40+lbs the last couple months.

So as you see for me it's a fine balancing act that I'm still trying to figure out. I am learning to be better about my reaction to any stalls or slow movement on the scale & not let it set me off on a binge, etc.

And I try to remember that even tho my scale didn't budge that particular week..my clothing is fitting looser, I have more energy, I ran longer than I have ever before, I felt good in a new outfit, I received numerous compliments..etc. Those kinda things really matter & are with you all day and not just the 30seconds you're standing on that dumb scale.