#11   ^
Old Fri, Aug-27-10, 12:47

Plan: Figuring it out
Stats: 366/282.2/166 Female 5'6"
BF:YEP/YEP/YEP
Progress: 42%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merpig
My *stats* say less than 100 to goal, but that's because I have a pretty high goal weight - higher than a lot of people's starting weights!

But when I began this journey I think I felt so hopeless and helpless about it that the idea of chosing a goal that would more than *200* pounds from my starting weight would seem so hopelessly unattainable that I would probably end up quitting before I began.

So I picked my goal weight because it was an even 200 pounds below my starting weight. Now it's only about 90 pounds below which sounds so much better to me, . Though at the rate I'm losing it will be another 10 years before I reach that goal, if I ever do.

But I'm not wedded to a goal number. In fact I would be joyously happy just to get to Onderland which is only 60-some pounds off. Sounds almost just around the corner.

But I still feel like someone with 100+ pounds to lose - which of course is true if my goal were set for something more "normal" for a woman of my height (5'7").

I did exactly the same thing with currently stated weight goal. Exactly an even 200lbs. Anything more than that well..I couldn't handle. Like thinking about loosing 200lbs itself was somehow easier to wrap my mind around. LOL. But I totally felt the same way. And altho I'd love to one day be at my goal of 166..and yes I even dream about 145..to be completely honest just reaching 199 would set my soul afire!