#12   ^
Old Wed, Feb-12-03, 16:49
Wombat Ashramite

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Tom,

I think you're wise to focus on the battle at hand, because ultimately, loose skin has nothing to do with your health, and loose skin can be hidden under clothes while obesity can't.

I'm 33 and have lost about 70lbs in the last year. I've been very surprised with the loose skin I'm starting to get now that I'm about 45-50 from goal. I have a very good friend who has lost 98lb in the last year and she has a pile of skin that looks like a crumpled paper bag around her belly button. Yes, it's grody, but no-one will ever see it unless you're on the beach. Because of your age you may be surprised at how well you skin pulls up, especially if you exercise.

I'm trying to look at my loose skin as a medal I earned fighting this battle. I know I'd much rather be where I am now, loose skin and all than where I was a year ago, unable to fit in an airplane seat, but with a perfectly smooth face.

Good luck, I think it's a great sign that you're worrying about loose skin. It means you really believe you will make it to goal!

Dig