#10   ^
Old Wed, Feb-12-03, 11:23
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

OK-

I did some reading on these forums using Search: Weight AND Gain in topics only. These are some things to take into consideration:

You are not the only one that had this happen, fortunately or unfortunately! Several people seem to have gained weight on induction but stuck with it and the weight did come off! You are not alone in this. You are meant to lose weight and it will happen!

Salt intake is something to consider. Salt and salty foods will make you retain water and cause weight gain. Many foods have extra added salt. Are you bloated at all? To tell-take your finger and push on the top of your shin bone. Release your finger and if a pit or dip stays there, you are carrying extra fluids. The only way to get rid of that is get rid of salt and drink more water. I have one leg that stays bloated-stupid thyroid!

If you previously drank caffinated coffee or lots of chocolate- according to Schwartzbien (spelling?) ANY time you get rid of stimulants, you will gain weight until your body adjusts. This could just be your body getting used to your stimulate free life.

Make sure you weigh yourself at the same time every time you weigh. Weight can fluctuate wildly from day to day and from one part of the day to the next.

Have you measured yourself? I take measurements and trust those more than my weight. Scales are unreliable anyway. I notice that even if I don't lose inches in my waist, my wrist will be smaller. Go figure.

Finally, if you have been yo yo dieting or have a messed up metobolism from eating according to the old food pyramid, then you must let your body heal before you will really get the weight loss you want. As you continue to eat the lc way, you will be healthier, your metabolism will raise and your body will heal. The weight really will come off.

Paleoanth