Old Wed, Jul-28-10, 10:11
Registered Member

Plan: my own version of atkins
Stats: 223/223/150 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by otenn
Hi. I am totally new to this, just went to the doctor to try to get help for my weight. It is becoming a terrible thing to me. I am beginning to feel out of control and worthless. This is terrible because I just had my first baby almost one year ago (April 21). I love him to pieces and want to provide him with a mom who can do everything he deserves. I am horrified at the idea of trying to go on a roller coaster or even an airplane.

I am over 300 lbs right now, have been researching this diet and browsing this forum for about a week. I am so inspired by what everyone has to say in many sites, that I have ordered the Atkins book and plan to start the diet as soon as possible.

My main problem here is that I live way up north in Canada, in a fly in place and have to order many of my groceries a month or two at a time. I don't think I'll get this book (also mail order) before I have to place at least a small grocery order, so I am wondering if anyone would be interested in posting for me, their "top ten items" to have on hand, besides the obvious unprocessed meat and eggs...I'll have a better idea of what veggies to order once I get the book in hand, but as I said, that may take a week or so still, and I want to order some groceries by the weekend.

I hope you don't mind helping and thanks for being inspirational in your posts so far.

Mari

Hi Mari,
Congratulations on taking ur first step in losing weight.. i see u have already started losing. U have come to the right place. We are all in the same boat. Trust me.. One day at a time.. and TRY.. thats all we can do. We are all here to encourage each other and at times give each other a good kick in the butt to get moving.. as far is food. i like to keep things simple. Eggs, (quick and easy) Chicken, Beef, Pork, Salad greens. All able to be grilled, boiled, roasted, baked, whatever u want

Dont feel down or worthless. we all have bad days.. but we are worth it! When U feel good about yourself, u will push urself even harder cause u want to look even better and feel better, and when u relize, wow, i'm not out of breath or Wow, these pants fit, that too helps.
Shannan