Old Wed, Feb-12-03, 03:43
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, under 30/day
Stats: 335/289/185
BF:
Progress: 31%

Quote:
Originally posted by lisaw00
omelette with cheese. Also decaf coffee w/full-fat cream (probably 1/4 cup or so b/c I like it light). Sometimes I'll have 1/2 an avocado before an early morning workout if I wake up hungry.
L: 2Tbsp blue cheese dressing
S: cream cheese OR brie cheese
D: some sort of meat over 2-3cups lettuce w/cukes or broccoli

Ok, I'm going to mention what I can, but I'm no expert.

1. You MAY still be rebuilding muscle tissue, or building new muscle tissue, because of your exercise during this first phase of the plan. LOTS of people don't really lose until their body is fully repaired.

2. If you're having more than 4 ozs of DAIRY/day - NOT just cheese, but all dairy - you may be stalled because of that.

3. Most of the time we have to tell people they aren't eating enough vegies. You might actually be going overboard a little - just a little. What does FitDay say your carbs are and, if you know, the daily calories, too? Also, what KIND of avocado are you eating? One type is half the carbs of the other. I'm not criticising your food choices - you're eating foods that are VERY good for you. Are you eating more than 10-12 times your current weight in calories? That's kind of a general rule of thumb to determine if people are eating ENOUGH, usually. Are you counting your coffee carbs? Does the deli meat contain carbs?

4. Salt content in foods can cause you to hold on to water weight far longer than you would really want to. Deli meats, as one example, tend to be high in sodium, but you're not really overdoing it, as far as I can tell.

5. And, finally, the amount you need to lose is SO LITTLE that your body just may be resisting the change. It could just take a while. Some people don't lose that last ten pounds for a good year or more. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it's not going to happen as fast as you wanted.

Also, and I'm NOT certain of this, I seem to recall something about cucumbers specifically being detrimental to weight loss. But, again, this is a vague memory and may not be accurate. I'll have to see if I can find the information I'm half-remembering. If I do, I'll post it here for you.

In any case, I wish you the best of luck. I have so many other health benefits, aside from losing weight, that I know I can't afford to ever give up this lifestyle. Hopefully, you'll find benefits, too.