View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-11-03, 19:26

Plan: low cal/low carb
Stats: 235.0/215.4/165 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 28%
Angry I need to vent publicly

Sorry for this post in advance. However, I have to write this because I am down.

I have failed at trying to lose weight so many times in my life, and this time, finally, I have decided NOT to fail, to do it right, etc. And everything was going fine, until about three weeks ago, when suddenly, my body decided to stop losing weight and regain some weight I had already lost.

I tried to be easy on myself, just be patient, and my weight has been fluctuating for weeks now. I now weigh about 6 pounds more than I did 3 weeks ago. Shouldn't I weigh LESS than I did 3 weeks ago?

I have done all the things that people say to do to get out of stalls including taking tons of very expensive amino acid supplements. I drink so much water I have to pee every half hour. TOM is weeks away. I don't eat any articificial stuff, no caffeine, no sweeteners, no processed anything. I exercise as much as I can (walking up hills mostly), I recently stopped eating dairy, I count all my carbs, I NEVER eat at restaurants, I even tried eating more carbs and going back down and nothing happened except I gained more weight back.

I think the only explanation is that my body doesn't want me to succeed at this. I am doomed to be FAT forever. Why is this happening? I am so frustrated and depressed about this. I can't give up, but why am I punishing myself for no results? I'm not even feeling all that great anymore. My hair is falling out massively. I am constantly depressed about my weight and how I look. My skin is terrible. My mind is distracted and my concentration is failing. I am always exhausted. I could sleep for 36 hours without waking, and I often fall asleep at my desk in the afternoons. I am ravenously hungry all the time. Even after I eat a big protein and fat meal, I want to eat more. When I eat, I eat so quickly that I almost choke, that's how hungry I feel.

I eat tuna fish for breakfast, eggs for lunch, and fish or pork for dinner, with green vegetables throughout, and flaxseed oil and a bunch of supplements. I'm doing the liver cleansing with milk thistle which is supposed to speed up weight loss. I'm taking L-carnitine which is supposed to burn fat. I'm taking chromium piccolinate which is supposed to help insulin resistance. I take everything else they say to take, Vitamins, minerals, herbs, L-glutamine.

As far as I can tell, I am not doing anything wrong. My body has given up, even though I haven't. And even if this is temporary, it's having really detrimental effects on my psyche. And I was so happy three weeks ago. Do stalls make people manic depressive, because I can see that happening.

I'm not asking for advice, although if anyone wants to offer any, I'd gladly accept. I just had to write this down and express my frustration. Thanks for listening.

Kypraia, who is normally relatively upbeat.
Sponsored Links