View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Feb-11-03, 11:37
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, under 30/day
Stats: 335/289/185
BF:
Progress: 31%

My daughter is in a Saturday morning children's bowling league. That is where I met the friend who gave me Atkins. She and I sit together and chat about the Atkins way of life every time we meet. One of her best friends began Atkins at the beginning of January, another friend's parents are considering it, and another couple whose child bowls after our league has recently begun - mostly due to this one woman's efforts.

The man from this other couple has had THREE heart surgeries and is diabetic, so our mutual friend had me talk to him and his wife about the changes that occurred in my life after Atkins. They are having a rough time getting through Induction, but seem to think they'll be fine following this way of life. (Yay!) Since I'm the only one who seems to like the Internet, I've been sharing all the information I've learned here, giving them recipes and samples of foods made at home, and telling them where to find things like flaxseed meal and DaVinci syrups.

Aside from the fact that we may end up with the healthiest batch of bowling parents in Missouri, my friend and I feel like we're helping to save lives. She (and Atkins) saved mine. I feel like I need to pass that on. This site is my greatest resource for doing so and that is a success story, too. Thanks, everybody!