View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-11-03, 08:59

Plan: Schwarzbein and Zone (love Dr. Weil too!)
Stats: 155/146/145
BF:???
Progress: 90%
Thumbs up Zone and Schwarzbein

I followed the Zone for years, and credit it for helping me to eat more protein. I saw great results, as did my husband. We were both in tip-top shape when we were following the Zone.
Now, two pregnancies later, I'm back on the road to health and fitness. In my quest I found another book I love, The Schwarzbein Principle II, The Transition. Anyone else read this?
The two plans really complement eachother. They both stress the importance of eating an appropriate balance of protein, fats, and carbs. Schwarzbein allows a little more fat in the diet than Zone. The other difference is Schwarzbein is more natural based, stressing the importance of getting rid of toxins in your diet; caffeine, alcohol, artificial sweetners, etc. She also really recommends eating whole, real foods as much as possible and avoiding protein bars and shakes. Packaged foods contain lots of chemicals and hidden fats and sugars. Doing your own cooking is much better for you, though it is more work.
Schwarzbein recommends an exercise plan of 2-3 strength workouts per week, 2 cardios per week, and as much yoga/pilates/stretching/flexibilty as you can.
I'd love to hear from anyone who has read her book.
Also, I read the original Zone from years ago, and haven't read the newest versions.
Carole
Sponsored Links