View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Feb-10-03, 23:26
Registered Member

Plan: ATkins
Stats: 230/211/155
BF:
Progress: 25%

Sounds like you've had a great first 2 weeks on Atkins! Keep up the good work!

It's hard to know what could have stopped your weight loss these last 3 days. It could be the Atkins bars because your body may be thinking, because of the sweet taste, that it is getting sugar and may be releasing insulin to get ready to metabolize it. The reason the porkrinds would be ok on induction, but only in small amounts and not every day, is because they do not contain sugar or carbs (plain variety, not the barbecue, etc.) and the pancreas is not recognizing an insurge of what it believes to be sugar.

My suggestion would be first of all to drop the Atkins bars for a few days and see if that helps. Our bodies are all unique in their makeup and what one person can "get by with" another may not be able to. Secondly, start an online journal under the Bootcamp/Journal board and post your daily menu there. I usually post my previous day's menu each day. Look and read some of the journals....they are public domain, so to speak, and you can learn a lot there and pick up some great tips as well. Also, you may be getting some hidden carbs that you are not counting. Have you tried www.fitday.com as a means of tracking your daily intake of carbs, calories, etc. If you are not getting enough calories, you may also be sending your body into starvation mode where it latches onto what would normally be disposed of thinking that there is a famine coming. One other thing that comes to mind is variety. Don't bore your body with the same old foods. You will be more likely to stick with this if you enjoy a variety of the foods that are acceptable.

Keep up the good work. Just remember that your successes are your successes, not anyone else's. God made each one of us differently, and we should embrace our uniqueness. You're doing great, and you will find the niche you need to be in in order to maintain a steady weight loss.

Marsha