View Single Post
  #201   ^
Old Mon, May-31-10, 03:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/225/140 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress:

Sadly, I also have had this problem ever since I could remember. I remember my family cracking jokes at me to "wash better", little did they know at age 12, I was scrubbing my neck, armpits, elbows, knees and inner thighs until they were bloody. I even used to sit for an hour a day with lemon slices on my elbows (I had read somewhere at the time that it could help "discoloration".

Finally at 18, I was diagnosed with PCOS. But, sadly, my doctor said the only way to get rid of AN is to lose weight.

I always wear my hair down, wear atleast three quarter length sleeves, never wear shorts, tanktops, etc. I'm so embarassed to even be intimate with my boyfriend of five years...even after ALL this time, I still cannot even fathom showing, or telling him about my condition. If we are intimate, the lights have to be completely off, and me, under the blankets. He hates it.

Like others have said on here too, Im more embarassed about these discolorations than my weight problem! I just am glad to see that Im not a freakshow - Ive never met, or even seen anyone with this condition before...so thank you guys for posting, it really does make me feel a bit better. I hope this low-card dieting works!