Thread: Reward
View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Feb-10-03, 12:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 181/159/130
BF:
Progress: 43%

I totally agree with and identify with Ann. Food is a sort of drug for me too. Instead of getting drunk or high, I'd stuff myself high carb junk foods until I was on a carb-high. Then when my blood sugar would drop off, I'd do it all over again, a vicious cycle. My boyfriend used to bring home those little debbies by the boxes, and it would be gone within a couple of days because I couldn't control myself. If it was there, it didn't matter that I was full already, I'd eat them all until I was sick. I'd kick myself in the head and promise that I'll ration them out the next time, but everytime there was something in the house like bread, pasta, rice, sweets, I'd eat and eat and eat until I felt totally out of control. I used to eat twice as much as my boyfriend who is 6'2" and 185. I totally agree with what Lisa said because if I allow myself to think that a donut or a piece of sugar laden cake as a reward for losing weight and becoming healthier, then they'll continue to hold power over me. I think most of us are in this to take back control of our weight and our health. I'd much rather buy a beautiful outfit in a smaller size, a piece of jewelry, or take a nice vacation than to reward myself with what I know to be poison.