View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Feb-10-03, 12:50

Plan: Schwarzbien Newbie
Stats: 146/141/120
BF:shrinking
Progress: 19%
Default metabolic typing

I burned halfway through the book yesterday, and it is absolutely fascinating. It is the book Dr. Mercola recommends on his website. I did the test and determined I am a "fast oxidizer", and need to be on a high protein and fat, low carb diet (no big surprise there). According to the author, your metabolic type determines everything from what you should eat, to what supplements you should take. I was thrilled to find I am already on the right track regards to diet. My DH is a "mixed type", he can eat much more carbs than I can. Will make meal planning a little more tricky.

Even tho I haven't finished the book, I would recommend it, as it is full of useful information. He definately thinks that a person's symptoms shouldn't be treated. He thinks that you need to work from the ground up, that if you eat the way you should, all the illness in your body will gradually fade away. I think I am experiencing this now, because everyday I feel a little better. When I think of the way I used to eat, hardly any protein, and the way I am supposed to eat (high protein) I just cringe.

Thanks for the tip, I will look in my blood type book and see what it says about adrenals. Isn't this weird how everything seems to knit together? I always had a feeling that all my health troubles were all related. Having a hard time typing with a little pumpkin on my lap (who needs a nap) should get going!!

-Jess