#6   ^
Old Mon, Feb-10-03, 10:35
Registered Member

Plan: Ketogenic diet
Stats: 209/202/180
BF:18%
Progress: 24%
Talking gym and aerobics

I have been training with weights for a very long time to around 17 years now. The last year was wasted because of a lower back injury that i am still working on curing.

The gym with the weights or machine will in fact help you tone your physique, but one doesnt really go without the other, i was on a weightloss diet once and only trained with weights, i kept almost all my weight even if i was eating a good diet, wasnt aware of atkins at that time neither low carb.

One of the best ways you can maximize your weightloss is to do your aerobics in the morning and your weight training at night.

SO in the morning on an empty stomach when your in ketosis you will be burning a lot of fat, and at night around 6pm if you train with weights you will have some energy to train because you will have eaten during the day.

Weight training builds muscles to, so if the scale does go up or stays the same could mean that you have added some muscles and burned some fat.

I think that the best way to look at weightloss is the way your clothes fit on you and the mirror, the scale can really put someone down, i know i have expericence this.

I dont really have any recommendation for aerobics the more you can do the better, but dont over due it til you drop, the body will adapt but go at it slowly, for weight training i would say 3 times a week is more then enough, careful for injuries, when i get back at it i am gonna use machines and not weights.

There are big arguments about what builds better muscles free weights or machine well muscles are stupid they dont know if you lift 20 pounds or 300 pounds for that matter so has long has your forms are ok and you lift at a slow pace you should be getting great results.

I turned 30 years old in June of this year, have been training a bit like a powerlifter for more then 10 years, bench press, squats, deadlifts, and all the power moves, this got my great pain in the front shoulders both of them, pains in the knees, an injury to my pelvic, pain in the neck. This is not worth all the effort i put in.

But when i did train with machines i add a good physique well rounded.

Good luck