Old Mon, Feb-10-03, 09:57
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally posted by sam59
Well going to my profile didn't help either, because when I went there it said that I had NO subscribed threads. That's impossible because till now I have been getting e-mail notifications from about 20 of them! Ummm...huh?...lol
hi Sam,

When folks register, the default setting in the profile was to receive email notification whenever someone replies to ANY and ALL threads that you participated in. This is NOT the same thing as subscribing to the thread. Many members chose to turn this off, and then subscribe to the specific threads they're most interested in ... such as their own and friends' journals, and favourite threads in Triple Digits or recipes, whatever. To subscribe to a thread, you must click on where it says "subscribe to this thread" right below the messages in that thread.

OK, once you've subscribed to your favourite threads, they will be listed on the main page of your User Control Panel. Just click on the "profile" icon at the top right of every forum page to go there. Any subscribed thread that has a new post since your last visit will be shown there, with a direct link right from that page to read it, or to post a reply. By clicking on "show all subscribed threads" you can see the full list of your selections, including threads that do not have any new posts in them.

Maybe you could put your User Control panel in your browser's Favorites or Bookmarked file for quick access. Some folks find it easier to have everything right there on one page, than having to go back to your email inbox to click on the links one by one.

Hopefully it will just be temporary

Doreen