#4   ^
Old Mon, Feb-10-03, 09:33
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

You're quitting Coke? Excellent!

Prepare yourself for withdrawal symptoms - headache, lethargy and just feeling crappy! Watch out for wanting to eat stuff with sugar. When you remove one form of sugar, eating another form can take it's place.

May I suggest that you pick a low carb plan to get you started on the right foot? Which low-carb plan is right for me?to the right of the page has all the most popular plans. It gives you a boost to understand why it's better for your physiology to low carb. You may also find this article helpful: A Bad Case of Sugar Addiction

You can do it! I used to drink gallons of Coke a day. Now the only thing I drink is water and green tea and lived to tell about it. You'll be amazed at how your tastes will change. Remember that you still have to drink water.

It seems really hard in the beginning when you think about what you are giving up, but if you shift your thinking to the benefits you'll receive - energy, fat loss, better health - you'll find it easier.

Donald's Deep Dish Pizza Quiche is great for a grab and go breakfast. HAve a look through the recipe Forums for things that appeal to you. There's plenty of things that are easy to make and great cold.

Karen