View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Apr-25-10, 17:54

Plan: my own
Stats: 215/170.5/145 Female 69
BF:
Progress: 64%
Default What Caused the Initial Onset of Your Fibromyalgia?

I've done a lot of reading about what may cause the onset of fibromyalgia. It seems there are two major causes, as far as they can tell. One is that fibro can begin after hard blow to the head or neck, such as a car accident - or some other major trauma to the body. The other is a traumatic emotional event that is extremely devastating, after which fibro may show up.

I can trace the onset of my symptoms to an extreme, drawn out emotional trauma that left me in a seriously bad emotional state for probably the better part of a year. During that time, I began to feel bad, exhausted, with other symptoms that I couldn't explain. I was very confused for a long time about what was happening to me. After a lot of research and seeing doctors and chiropractor, it was decided that I had fibromyalgia. This was 4 years ago. Since then, it's been off and on, severe, mild and sometimes to the point of debilitating. My massage therapist said that when she entered menopause, fibro. came with it. Now that she's through with menopause, she said it's been a year since she's had any symptoms at all. She feels that there is some connection btwn. menopause and fibro. I'm also at that stage, and wonder if/how much of this misery can be attributed to perimenopause?

I was just wondering if any of you can draw any correlation to what may have been the initial trigger for your fibro? Physical vs. emotional? Thanks.
Sponsored Links