Thread: Buddy, anyone?
View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Feb-08-03, 11:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 350/317/180
BF:
Progress: 19%

Well, as far as the weight loss goes, I am not under any illusion that I can and will loose a certain amout each month, and just the fact that I am loosing anything at all is good. I have been actually gaining for the past few years and that is now reversed which is an accomplishment in itself. The fact that the whole family is following the same plan helps. I am feeling better overall and my knees are not hurting like they were. My youngest daughter is doing better than I, but she excerisies daily and I don't. I should, but just have not started yet.

In another area of the forum, you asked what kind of boat we have. It is a 1973 Carver, 28 feet long and sleeps 4 people. It is a wooden boat and we have done a lot of work on it over the last couple of years. This was one of those "good deals" that we all come across from time to time. You know the kind, a good deal for the other person. We knew nothing about boats and water but I can tell you for sure, we are getting a great education. Everything I do it seems I am getting an education, I just wish that some day I could graduate for this school of hard knocks and I could enjoy all this knowledge.

We do enjoy the boat though, really. When the weather is nice, we go spend a night and it lets us get away from things for awhile. So it does have that.

This morning we tried some of the Atkins pancake mix and syrup. It was ok. Sure not what I was use to, however,but it did fill that desire for something sweet at breakfast. I probably will not eat many of the pancakes. The muffing mix we had a few weeks back was good, but the pancakes I put in the same class as the low carb beer. Not something I think I will ever develop a desire for. I have been having trouble drinking the amount of water I started off drinking. Seems like I don't think of it as much, so I don't fill the water bottle. I am sure that is slowing up the loss factor. I have not wieghed in over a week, but I am sure I have not loss much more.

Well, I better git along and get some things done today. I am off today. We have the shop open 1/2 a day on Saturdays, but between three of us, we rotate a Saturday off. It gives us time to get some things done. We have rain coming in the middle of next week and there a couple of projects around the house I need to finish, so that means today and tommorrow. It is cold here in California this morning, but I have to get going.

Talk to you later,

Charlie