View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Feb-08-03, 11:07
Registered Member

Plan: SPII IS/BOAG
Stats: 186/136/140 Female 5' 5"
BF:A lot/18%/20%
Progress: 109%
Default The problem may not be your diet...

Part of the reason that you're not losing weight may be simply that, according to your profile, you are not overweight. At 5' 5", 130 lbs. is on the lower end of the "normal" weight range, and you would be officially underweight at your goal of 110 lbs. Your lean body mass is approximately 100 lbs., meaning that at your goal weight you would be approaching the 10% body fat range. Again, that's well *under* normal standards.

I think it's great that you're eating LC, because I truly think it's a healthier way to eat that's beneficial to people of any weight. But I don't think you should expect to lose any significant weight, because I doubt you have much to spare. The rule is that you can expect to lose 10% what you need to lose during induction, 5% thereafter, and 10% of zero is zero.

Truly, viv, I don't mean to dog you. But by any stats I can find -- and I happen to know them all, as we're the same height -- you are currently at a very reasonable weight for your height. If I were you, I'd focus on toning and adding muscle to improve my appearance, and not expect to see any actual weight loss at all.