#18   ^
Old Sun, Mar-21-10, 11:23

Plan: Kwasniewski
Stats: 125/118/120 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeypie
you use calculus invictus to calculate the ratios? You mean in the same way you would use a calculator I assume?

Yes, as a calculator. It's the gram recommendations based on the data for each person that are incorrect (for maintenance ratio, at least) in the software.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seejay
Both of those are on the list of foods to avoid eating regularly. Oranges have fructose and Ezekiel is grain. Could you switch to carrots and potatoes?

Also, JK uses NET carbs. That's how they list them in Poland. I know Ezekiel has lots of fiber, so are you getting enough net carb? It makes a difference. JK says it's mistake to go too low in carbs, unlike other low carb advisers.

Good point, I think we are... We also eat nuts and some vegetables. I know bread and oranges are not recommended. They are the least desireable foods in our diet. I've tried several times cutting them out and it seems too difficult for now - ghee consumption falls off and honestly I don't feel so good without .5 orange / day. Don't know why. Some days my daughter doesn't eat any oranges at all. Some days no bread at all (true for both of us).

I'm seeing from the feedback that I have 2 other biases beyond the body image issue that may be getting in the way. First, we are 80%+ raw and have been for years. Meaning no one cooks anything in the home (except toast). The occasional hot breakfast comes from a local cafe, and meats are precooked/smoked. We like living this way and feel best on raw food. But it limits our options.

Second, I personally have skepticism about high(er) protein consumption. When I first started low-carbing my protein was pretty high and it was intolerable (kidneys aching, foaming urine, nausea, cravings). I know of several other people who have had issues with protein. This is a key point that JK makes in Homo Optimus: "Compared with other types of diet, human protein and energy requirements are the lowest when on the optimal diet. For an adult person, these requirements do not exceed 50 grams of protein and 2000 kcal for a 24-hour period." BUT I have not been a well person; my daughter isn't me; she is not an adult person.

I will talk to my daughter about the weight loss ratio and see if she wants to try it, keeping her protein level above 65g / day.

Thanks for all the great feedback!