#4   ^
Old Fri, Feb-07-03, 18:48
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Claire, welcome to another Aussie!

I would actually reiterate what Sue has said. Trying to lose more actual weight may in fact be counterproductive. I've heard that underweight folk actually gain weight on a low carb eating plan.

Having "lumpy bits" is just part of being human. Those supermodels and actresses are either genetic freaks and/or have a lots of liposuction and other types of plastic surgery.

I know it's not possible to "spot reduce" but have you considered joining a gym for general toning up?

Meanwhile, you asked about dizziness. That could be either dehydration, potassium deficiency or both.

So I would recommend that you firstly drink those 2 (or more) litres of water daily. It just becomes a habit after a while. I keep my water bottle beside me all day and easily drink 4 to 5 litres with out trying.
As for the potassium, you can either take tablets (Blackmores make a "Potassium Compound" - available in health food shops, some chemists and some supermarkets) or use a potassium salt such as No Salt - available in supermarkets with the ordinary salt.

It is important to drink plenty of water while taking extra potassium. And if you choose to take the tablets, always have them with food, or they can irritate the stomach.

It's also important for anyone who takes fluid tablets or blood pressure tablets to check with their pharmacist or doctor before taking potassium supplements.

All the best to you, matey. Have you checked out our Australia/New Zealand forum yet?

Rosebud