View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Mar-11-10, 15:43

Plan: Carnivorous / WAPF
Stats: 168/152/145 Male 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 70%

I think I have to agree on the baby steps and here is why. Lets suppose your setpoint weight is 125 pounds, which, by the way, is probably ideal or slightly over ideal. Lets say also that your current weight is 95. Now lets say you just forget the whole worrying thing and just eat to hunger. What will your weight do? It will probably rocket up very fast until it gets near the setpoint. And then somewhere around there it will stop.

And how will you feel as it rockets up those 30 pounds? You will freak out of course, because you will imagine it continuing on upward to 200, even though it is quite doubtful that that would happen.

But you have a day to day problem of wrong self-weight-image (largely the fault of society and the media) that will be very difficult by now to mediate over the internet. Yet many of us strongly disagree with your nutritionist's views on dietary fats. So what to do? Why not get a nutritionist who is in agreement with the dietary principles you have seen good evidence is correct (I sure hope that is LC) and see him? Then you will have the best of both worlds: someone who agrees with sound nutritional principles, yet someone who can give you week by week accountability toward proper eating habits, by which I mean neither binging nor starving.