#1   ^
Old Fri, Feb-07-03, 00:26

Plan: Atkins-Started 6 Jan 2003
Stats: 445/445/225 Male 6 ft 3 in
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Ketosis and success story journals

Hi Everyone,

I am now beginning my second month on the Atkins plan and am looking for some advise. When I started testing using the keytone strips, the reading would always be in one of the last two zones.Now it has dropped back to the moderate reading. At first I could feel and see the weight coming off. I found a shirt in the wardrobe that I couldn't even get buttoned a month ago.I made the mistake of wearing this shirt to work and it was a little too tight. I felt uncombfortable all day and it has set me back a bit. I started to wonder if this was really working. I have been very strict with my carb intake. I have been eating a lot of protein. Lots of meat, but I thought I was allowed to do that.

Is my body still burning fat ?
Is it burning at a slower rate ?
Could I be eating too much protein or too few carbs ?

I also wondered what exercise I should be doing, and how often. I have been doing a little walking. I am not fit enough to do anything else just yet.

I would be really interested reading the journals of members who have lost a lot of weight to I could try and get an insight into what I could be doing wrong. I have a lot of weight to lose and know that I cannot expect instant results. I look forward to the day that I will be able to weigh myself on regular scales. At least that way I would know that I was shifting some of the weight.

Thanks in anticipation of your support.

Kenny
Sponsored Links