View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Feb-06-03, 21:52
Registered Member

Plan: CKD
Stats: 235/212/200 Male 73 in
BF:estimated 18%
Progress: 66%
Default Re: Starting CKD!! Can yal check my plan for me?

Hi! Here are some tips:

Move your Weds weightlifting session to tuesday. Do Mon and Tues workouts around 15 reps of little weight.

You don't need to cardio every day, maybe just 2 or 3 days.

Eat some Smarties, Fun Dip powder, or some other form of dextrose immediatly after your Friday depletion workout, which is circuit training about 8 reps.

Start carbing after you have your dextrose. Try to keep the calories about 78% 15% 7% C P F.

As far as your gym. What I think you should do is: For lower body, do leg press or squats, leg extensions, leg curls, and calf raises. That gets every muscle down there. For upper body, get your chest, back, traps/shoulders, and after that if you have time do your biceps.

Hope that helps!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by jenniferg
Hey! After reading through tons of advice on this board and TrainerDan's website, I'm going to start CKD! I'm so excited to do this! I hope I finally lose the 30 lbs I've been trying to lose. I'm a little scared of the carbs in the carb up phase but to be able to have carbs and to look good/be healthy by cardio and weights sounds good to me! Can you experienced buff guys and gals and others on the way give me your opinions, suggestions, and advice? Here's my plan that I started this week:
Exercise -
Monday - 45 min AM cardio on elliptical (interval traning); 45 min PM full body weight lifting; 45 min PM cardio on elliptical
Tuesday - 45 min AM cardio on elliptical; 30 min PM cardio on elliptical
Wednesday - 45 min AM cardio on elliptical; 45 min PM full body weight lifting
Thursday - 45 min AM cardio on elliptical; 30 min PM cardio on elliptical
Friday - 45 min AM cardio on elliiptical; 45 min PM full body weightlifting
Food -
I'll try to stay under 20 g carbs Sun - Friday evening. Then I'll start my carb up on Friday dinner and go til Saturday dinner. I'm scared to do more than 24 hours. I did the body fat and nutritional requirements off of TrainerDan's website. What happens if I get more like 1400 cals instead of 1500 or 1600?
A question about lifting weights - The gym at my work only has a machine for quads and calves, one for shoulders and forearms, and one for chest. I'm not going to try to say the names of the machines because I would just embarass myself since I don't know too much about weights yet. There's also free weights. Ok, the question is: for lower body, will doing different floor exercises that target different muscles in addition to using the one machine they have be enough to work out legs/lower body?
Thanks for your help!!