View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Feb-05-03, 20:24

Plan: Atkins started 1/2/03
Stats: 302/260/185
BF:47/38/23
Progress: 36%
Default Quick Fixes to Change up Your Menu

Here are a few of the things I seem to make every week. My definite fav of all is the parm chicken fingers. My DH loves them, friends who are not LCing beg me to make them, I eat them ALL THE TIME!!!! Great warm, cold in a salad, for breakfast, a snack. I am sure you get my point, I LOVE THEM!!!!

1. Parmesan Chick Fingers: Slice a boneless skinless breast into 4-5 long pieces. Dip in egg and then in parm cheese (seasoned if desired). Fry in olive oil. Tastes very similar to fried chicken.

2. Iced Coffee: Pour coffee over lots of ice. Add cream and splenda as desired and enjoy! A great dessert!

3. Cube Steaks: Fry two cube steaks (per person). When done, remove from pan. Add a bit of butter, sautee a few mushrooms, scrape up brown bits. When mushrooms are done, add a little water to the pan. When it is warm and absorbed all the meat drippings, add a dollop of sour cream. Mix it in, then add the meat back. Very quick and filling.

4. Cheese Broccoli Soup: Boil about 2 c. chopped broccoli in about 3-4 c. chicken broth for about 10 min. Add about 1 c. shredded cheese. Let it melt. Turn off the heat and add about 1/3 c. heavy cream. Stir and enjoy. This is so simple and so yummy.

5. Also in my journal is a Cream Cheese Pancake recipe, which I have made a few times, and really enjoy.

Hope this helps a little!

Amy