View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Feb-05-03, 18:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 250/202/145
BF:
Progress: 46%

Some people do seem to stall on the bars. I personally don't think I do. I ellinated them for a few weeks and did not lose anything. I put them back into my diet, about 1 every 2 days and I have lost 2.5 lbs since I did. In general though I am losing slow. I knew it would be that way going in since I have been a yo-yo dieter for about 20 years. I have been on the plan since June of last year and that is the longest I ever stuck to any diet. I think of it as a way of life now so I am in no hurry, I know the weight loss will happen.

I work with most of the people I know on the plan. We do not officially meet but it is often the topic at lunch time or in the halls. One friend who lost 70 lbs on it (he started after me and lost it in 4 months) has not been following the program. He was eating chips and peanut butter crackers at lunch. I had a feeling this would happen with him. The whole time he stayed on induction and kept dreaming of the day he could eat this or eat that. He didn't get it through his head that it is a way of life and that to maintain you have to go through all four phases. Hopefully, he will be able to keep it under control. But what can I say... I have done the same so many times. Just this time with me I believe it has clicked.

Remember that on this diet weight loss goes in spurts. If you ate mainly carbs before this diet the scale may move slower but you will notice the inches. I think this is true since many of us are protien deficient and we tend to build up muscle on this diet. Muscle weighs more than fat but it sure looks a lot better on us!

Hang in there and if you need any support let me know! Also, if you are eating the bars for breakfast, you may want to check out the reader's recipes for MOCK DANISH. It sounds gross but it is AWESOME and it is QUICK.