View Single Post
  #39   ^
Old Tue, Jan-19-10, 07:54

Plan: Low carb Paleo
Stats: 294/292/175 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 2%

JAnn, Saucywench and Kathleen, thank you for these posts. Saucy, I am like you about flying. I want to go see my grandchildren but flying is so humiliating that I come up with excuses not to do it. Kathleen, that apology to my body post is very powerful and deeply moving. Its amazing that so many people share the same thoughts I do about being overweight. The way your emotions get the best of you and you comfort yourself with food. The humiliation, the fear, the anxiety, the depression, the sadness, the anger. We all have that in common, don't we? And the only way to deal with those issues is to open up and admit the problem and then change my behavior because what I've done all my life isn't working anymore. Its killing me. So now its time to get serious about eating right and giving my body the nourishment it needs. You guys are amazing the way you are so kind and compassionate towards a stranger like me. Now I want to get well so I can offer the same kindness and understanding to someone else. I'm on my way and this time there's no going back!