View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jan-13-10, 17:17

Plan: Mostly meat
Stats: 215/193/150 Female 63in
BF:
Progress: 34%

Ok. here is the reply to the email I sent to them:

Thank you for contacting Good Earth Teas.

We receive many inquiries about what the artificial ingredient is in our Original Sweet and Spicy tea. We try to use all natural ingredients whenever possible. If an artificial ingredient is used, we have made sure that it is exactly like a naturally occurring component in one of the spices or other ingredients. The particular ingredient you are referring to is a spice flavor. We have chosen the artificial flavor because we cannot get the same flavor delivery from an all-natural or organic flavor at this time, but we continue to search for all-natural alternatives to this one ingredient.

We do make all-natural alternatives to these blends, but one will notice a significant difference in flavor. Since our blends are what make Good Earth Teas so special, the actual ingredient is proprietary. However, if you have an allergy to something, please write back with what that allergy or sensitivity may be and I'll confirm/deny its content in the blend. Keep in mind that there is no msg, gluten, natural or artificial sweeteners in any of our blends.

We offer the Original Sweet and Spicy tea in several variations: with the artificial ingredient, an All Natural version, and an Organic version. All of these are available in a caffeine-free version as well. I would suggest you read the ingredient panel to be sure you are getting the Original Blend you prefer.

We hope this information is helpful. Thank you again for contacting us.

Sincerely,

Nancy Owens
Consumer Services Department
Good Earth Teas

So it's all clear folks!