View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Feb-05-03, 11:49
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/179/150
BF:Ugh!
Progress: 37%

I kinda thought this thread was a joke at first, but now I see you really don't have that much to lose and are probably not going to stay a "strict" LC'er for life if you don't really have a weight problem...although the principles of health and nutrition are definitely in THIS camp as opposed to the FDA food pyramid...so I hope you stay basic...

So I would say, forget about ALL those things until after you're at your goal...which won't be too long. And when and IF you desire to have a meal with rice or pasta (it all does the same thing in the system - glucose/insulin/fat storage - but rice seems to be the purest form to me, and is in the grains category, is it not?)

Anyhow...try limiting your selections to an occasional meal, a smaller amount and see how you do.

Once I went out for sushi bar, and tried to pick off all the rice (NOT possible... I was sorry on the scale for a few days, but it was something I allowed myself).

Once in a while over the course of my life, I'm sure I'll enjoy a piece of bread, or some sushi, but the LC principles I've learned will be my staple.