View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Feb-05-03, 11:38
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/179/150
BF:Ugh!
Progress: 37%

I've been an on-and-off WW dieter for a long time too. And Karen's question hits home: why not completely successful? And the answer for me is that a low calorie, "balanced" plan was not addressing the REASON I got fat in the first place.

Giving me a tiny portion of a chocolate eclair was not stopping my addiction for a huge eclair...and most times I'd wind up eating 2 tiny ones since they were "WW" approved... I was ALWAYS hungry, weighing and measuring every little spec of food...felt like I was branded on my forehead: DIETER, CAN ONLY EAT CERTAIN THINGS!!

I lost a 1/4 of a pound one week (yippee!) and went up 1/2 the next, etc. while I was paying out my ears for all the dues and misc. items I just had to have. Nonsense.

Most people who consume an overload of carbs and fuel their bodies with sugary crap need to break the cycle, replace it with a more efficient type of energy and learn to ENJOY their control over food, NOT feel restricted for life. LC'ing does that where other plans do not. Once that cycle is broken, there is a freedom and a control over food that is so GOOD!! There are health benefits, energy and fun with eating again.

This WOE suits that for me...and I didn't mean to bash WW in particular, but the whole diet industry is in the same boat really... they're selling a single product to a very diverse population. How can that work for everyone?