View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Feb-05-03, 10:55

Plan: atkins
Stats: 185/168/145 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 43%
Default panic attacks and agoraphobia

I am on disability because of panic attacks and agoraphobia-that I never had until after my mini=strokes. Now I find that I have a hard time handling any stress at all. After yrs of major stress since childhood and 2 failed marriages my body just said no more. I have even gone to a psychiatrist about them- but I find my meditation tapes help more than he did. Right now I am struggling not to go backwards since I have gotten to the pt where most days I can go out if it is familiar places. My husband doesn't understand and has no patience with me so I usally try to hide them from him. I should explain that we get the results of the tests for altzheimers on Friday.
Most of the time we (panic attack) are very good at denying that we are under stress or that something is bothering us until it builds up to a point where we panic. I use meditation, and journaling about what I am feeling just so I don't go into denial about my life. The attacks are way less and less intensity now.
Jan

"Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together. -- Katie Hanson "