View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Feb-05-03, 10:26
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 218/213.5/190 Male 6 feet 1 inch
BF:
Progress: 16%

Thanks for all the info! It is much appreciated. I guess i'm in a more unique position than most on here. The only reason i'm "overweight" at this point is because i had a very bad knee injury 7 months ago which put me out of commision and unable to play sports until recently. (it wasn't my overload of carbs doing it) Normally, i'm very active, doing something sporty 5-6 times a week. During this "downtime", i gained about 25 pounds. Now i've never been on a diet before and i've never been overweight. I initially wanted to do Atkins just to jumpstart the weight loss and get back to playing shape. However, since i've started it, i do feel a lot better, just in general, and would like to make it more a change in lifestyle now...to a degree. So while it's not so much that i'm craving pasta, rice, potato's and bread...i just don't want to give them up completely because i do enjoy them in the same way that i enjoy a good steak. I guess i just don't want to limit myself because i don't have that much weight to lose and i love to cook and eat out and have a nice variety. Yes, ultimately, i could give them all up completely if i wanted to....i think. But i just don't really want to at this point.

I will look into the other plans. Thanks again!