View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Feb-05-03, 09:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

WELCOME Nubian!

You sure aren't alone! This low-carbing really does work and you don't have to be hungry or miserable. There is lots of variety and it gets fun to experiment. A couple of suggestions that might help you:

The Triple Digit Club is a great place on the forum for those of us who have over 100 pounds to lose. We face a lot of the same issues with being overweight and a lot of common struggles. We are here for the long haul so feel free to pop over there and visit!

A journal can be a great tool. You can keep track of how you are doing and what issues you are dealing with. Visiting other people's journals can be very helpful. You can make friends and find support very easily. When you see someone make a post that you can really identify with, or you just like someone's way of expressing themselves, you might want to check out their journal. We work very hard to support each other and you can sure learn a lot on the way. Anytime I feel discouraged or fed up with it - I can find someone who has felt the exact same way.

A lot of us have tried everything else to lose weight and we have just watched our weight go up over the years. I can do this forever and I know when I am 80 I will still be eating low-carb. It really isn't a diet, that is what makes it so differnt. Take Care and I hope to see you around! Cindi