View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-05-03, 09:02

Plan: Modified Low carb
Stats: 305/270/200 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%
Default Ice Tea's mixes or already bottled/canned

I'm somewhat of an ice tea freak. My favorite before going low carb was Nantucket Nectares Half and half (half lemonade half ice tea). I've tried several different types and will keep trying different types as I remain in the lowcarb lifestyle.

Nantucket Nectares Diet Ice Tea:

This was a very flavorful tea with only one carb and was sweetend by aspertame. It was a nice cool refreshing tea but I cut down because I was carb paranoid and wasnt thrilled with the idea of drinking a carb. Just yesterday I found they had changed their sweetener over to Splenda.. which made me very happy. I picked up the bottle and drank a bit of it without checking the label... very dumb thing has happend. Its gone from 1 carb per serving (2 per bottle) to 10 carbs per serving and 2 sugars! 20 carbs in a bottle! feh. definitly thumbs down now even though it tasted pretty good still.

AriZona Diet Lemon Ice tea:

Not as flavorfull as NN but a nice brew. Sweetend with splenda. 0 carbs 0 sugar. A very solid ice tea choice and available all over.

Crystal Light Diet Ice tea (bottled):

Flavor wasnt that great.. the lemonade was much better.. going to see how they taste mixed Aspertame here for those who care. 0 Sugar...I think 0 carbs Ill have to check the bottle when I get home.

Diet Nestea brisk tea (cans and bottles):

This should be in the gutter of my poll right? Wrong.. I love this ice tea... it tastes just like the normal nestea brisk tea. The kind I drank in the back of my folks station wagon through the arizona desert on a cross country trek. If you enjoyed the sugar sweetend version of their tea you'll like this version. Its kinda embarassing to say I enjoy this tea so much but.. oh well 0 Carbs 0 sugar.. aspertame.

Snapple diet ice tea:

Made from the best stuff on earth! uh.. no. Flavor for this tea has just tasted off every time I've tried it. Aspertame sweetend with 1 carb no sugar.

I'll post mix info next and keep adding to the tea list.

Topher
Sponsored Links