#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-05-03, 08:52
Registered Member

Plan: somersize/atkins
Stats: 172/160/140
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default Oprah magazine article?

I 'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place. I've read in the forums somewhere that Oprah is low carbing. Is this so? I was at my sister in laws over the week-end and she gets Oprah's magazine( Jan, 2003 issue)and there was an article in it on "diet fads and of course Low carb diets were included. It listed a check list on how you could tell that a diet was a fad that would not work. I don't have the article with me, but has anyone read it? We are all used to this WOE being slammed, but I was a bit disappointed that Oprah would go along with the status quo in her publication. Too, it was well written and it made me wonder (for several minutes) if I was deluding myself. Maybe calories are the bottom line, maybe most people cannot keep eating this way for a lifetime (goodness knows I've been off the wagon and People, it's not a lonely place!) Then I thought, but I feel great! my body can't lie!!! THis is not so much about losing weight as about being healthy and feeling good and energetic. Sure you can lose weight on Ultra low fat, high carb diets, but how would you feel? For some reason the article threatened my "beliefs" and I feel better now that I've expressed myself. Thanks!
Sponsored Links